UNWTO Innovation Network
As part of the Innovation, Digital Transformation and Investments Department´s mission of fostering synergies among key stakeholders and promoting the exchange of knowledge among actors and change-makers with the objective of contributing to the promotion of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, we aim to make innovation a key pillar of the sustainable development of tourism.
Against this background, the IDT Department has decided to create the UNWTO Innovation Network.
Main objectives of Network
- Provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge, business models, successful business cases and general support among actors in the tourism sector to foster disruption in their own strategy and in the tourism sector as a whole;
- To connect with interest groups and actors of the tourism innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem to form part of a network to create innovative strategies;
- To foster the knowledge exchange among the different actors involved;
- To enhance public-private partnerships by facilitating the engagement of all actors;
- Link the local and regional innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem with international tourism leaders to support local and regional startups to scaling up and internationalize;
- Provide a platform for the creation of business opportunities and synergies among actors;
- Stimulate creative tourism solutions, through artificial intelligence and digital transformation.
Participation in the Network
- To formalize the participation, members must fill out the form below;
- The coordination of the different activities will be carried out by the IDT Department in collaboration with relevant regional and technical departments;
- Virtual meetings of the Network will take place as deemed appropriate, organized by the IDT Department;
Requisites to form part of the Network
- Be a Member of UNWTO (Full Member, Affiliate, Associate)
- Have partnered with UNWTO in a UNWTO IDT initiative in the past
Development of pilot projects and events to be determined