UNWTO Students’ League - What
THE UNWTO STUDENTS’ LEAGUE INITIATIVE
The UNWTO Students’ League, creates an innovative environment that helps National public and private sector stakeholders to foster talent development and obtain innovative sustainable solutions for the challenges they face. This initiative empowers and motivates travel & tourism students to get involved within the industry and participate in this world students tourism league getting real-time experience from the sector by creating and presenting innovative solutions for the challenges that the sector is facing nowadays. This tool also bridges the gap between students’ education and training and the realities of our sector because by working on creating these sustainable solutions, these young people then enter the labor market as highly qualified and skilled professionals capable of adapting to any situation that may arise.
Challenges are aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals, placing an emphasis on Goals 8, 12 and 14, in which tourism is featured and will match the SDGs requirements.
2022 National UNWTO Students Leagues
In 2022, UNWTO has introduced a new phase - the National UNWTO Students Leagues - that aim for the creation of sustainable solutions that can be applicable on a National Basis.
PHASE 1: National UNWTO Students' League with a National Final4 Competition
PHASE2: The National winning Teams will then compete in a Global Grand Final
- The Challenge will represent one of the real challenges that our sector is facing
- Participants: Students in Teams of 5 from Schools/Institutions/Universities from 11 to 25 year olds in the countries that participate:
- 1st step: Registration (dates to be published)
- 2nd step: Launch of Challenge on UNWTO Students League Platform
- 3rd step: Students/Teams have 6 weeks to create their solution in English - the challenge will contain all the necessary information regarding format, length, etc to present the solution
- Online Learning sessions from national and international experts on the best practices in the field
- 4th Step: Jury panel will evaluate and score the solutions
- 5th Step: Publication of Scoreboard
- 6th step: National Final4 competition with the 4 top Teams form the country
- 7th step: Global Grand Final with the participation of the winning Teams form each country
- Winning solutions will be published in UNWTO e-publication
- Exciting prizes for the winners