2023 UNWTO STUDENTS' LEAGUE - BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR REGISTRATION!
Get your thinking cap on because the 2023 UNWTO Students’ League is starting in Bosnia & Herzegovina and we need your ideas!
- Are you a High School Student (14 to 18 years-old) or an Undergraduate Tourism student 25 or under for academic year 2022-2023?
- Do you want to be part of change for a more sustainable Tourism sector?
- Do you want to learn about what is happening in the sector from Top professionals?
- Do you want to become the Bosnia & Herzegovina winning Team that will participate in the Grand Global Final with other Teams from around the world?
UNWTO, under the framework of the BRIDGE project - that counts on the financial support of the Italian Agency of Development Cooperation (AICS) and is implemented and co-financed by the United Nations Development Programme in Bosnia and Herzegovina (UNDP BiH) in collaboration for the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of BiH, is launching the 2023 UNWTO Students' League - Bosnia and Herzegovina, an innovative environment to empower and motivate high school students and tourism and hospitality undergraduate students by giving them real-time experience working on creating and presenting innovative sustainable solutions for the challenges that the sector is facing nowadays.
Through an online competition, Students from around the world will compete to give the tourism sector their best sustainable ideas on the pressing subjects of the sector, such as the themes chosen for this year, Tourism for Rural development, through the challenge “Off the Beaten Track”.
This competition bridges the gap between students’ education and training and the realities of our sector and therefore not only gives students more insight on our sector and on the possible job avenues that exist but also enables these young people to then enter the labour market as highly qualified and skilled professionals capable of adapting to any situation that may arise.
What do students gain?
- Experience from working on a real situation in the Tourism sector
- Learning about the best practices in the field from top professionals
- Winning solutions will be published in UNWTO e-publication
- Exciting prizes
- Two categories:
- High School students (14 to 18 years-old)
- Undergraduate Tourism students (19 to 25 years old) currently carrying-out tourism and/or hospitality studies in a school/institution/university in Bosnia & Herzegovina wishing to participate in the National UNWTO Students' League. Undergraduate Students must be in their first degree, from 19 to 25 years old
- Only 1 submission per Institution will be accepted and will need an official support letter from the Institution/University they represent, clearly stating the names of the team members.
- The Team interested in participating must fill-in the corresponding registration form and attach the corresponding required documents.
The applications will also include:
- Support letter from the Institution/University presenting the Team
- Logo of the Institution/University
- Social Media handles of Institution/University
- Breakdown of the team (5 students + representative teacher)
- Resume of each team member
- Photo of each team member (white background)
- Short, 1-minute video introducing and showcasing the Team and Institution/University
Registration does not confirm participation. Once registration is closed (30 April 2023), a screening of registrations will be carried out and only those students who have been accepted will receive a Confirmation of participation email.
Registration opens 27 March 2023 - Deadline 30 April 2023 at 23'59 CET – Please make sure you read the rules here first.
- The Challenge will be published for all previously confirmed participants on the UNWTO Students League Platform so that they can start working on their solutions
- Students/Teams will have 6 weeks to answer with their solution in English
- Students will receive online learning sessions from top national & international experts on the challenge subject
- An International Jury panel will evaluate and score the solutions
- A National Final4 competition will be held live in in Bosnia & Herzegovina with the 4 top Teams
- The Winning Team will participate in the Global Grand Final
WILL YOU AND YOUR TEAM BE THE WINNING TEAM IN BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA?
Join the 2023 UNWTO Students' League and be part of the Change!