8th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting
8th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting
Kayseri, Republic of Turkey
26-27 April 2018
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey organized the 8th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting in the Silk Road city of Kayseri, Turkey on 26-27 April 2018.
Following the recent success of the Silk Road Ministers Meeting at ITB Berlin 2018, held under the theme “2025 Silk Road Tourism Agenda”, Member States and UNWTO Affiliate Members presented concrete strategies and priorities aiming to establish the Silk Road as the most important transnational tourism route of the 21st century.
The input received, together with flagship capacity building projects, trainings and a new Silk Road tourism intelligence pillar presented by UNWTO during the meeting, will be duly reflected within the new Silk Road Action Plan. The timeframe of the programme’s main work document will be expanded from the current two to four years, and incorporate a new tourism development philosophy. While maintaining a global Silk Road perspective, this work document will centre on achieving specific results on a country-by-country basis.
Opened by the Deputy Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey, the meeting showcased the good work being carried out by the host country in the areas of Silk Road marketing and tourism route development. The conclusions of the Silk Road Task Force meeting, including the new Silk Road Action Plan, will be presented during the 8th UNWTO International Meeting on Silk Road Tourism in Thessaloniki, Greece in October 2018.
- "Silk Road Action Plan: re-defining cooperation along the historic routes" by Mr. Patrick Fritz, UNWTO Silk Road Programme
- "Turkey and the Silk Road", host country presentation by Mr. Umut Özdemir, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey
Thematic Silk Road Presentations
- "Introducing Silk Road Tourism Intelligence as a new key pillar" by Mr. Nikolaos Gkolfinopoulos, UNWTO Silk Road Programme
- "Silk Road Route Sales Mission 2018 Proposal" by Ms. Daniela Wagner, Director of International Partnerships, Jacobs Media Group
Silk Road Workshop - 1
- "Investors and the Silk Road" by Mr. Frank Buerbaum, CEO, SOENT International Tourism Consulting
- "Tourism in the 21st century maritime Silk Road: Malaysia" by Mr. Mohd Daud Mohd Arif, Ministry of Tourism and Culture of Malaysia
- "Georgia and the Silk Road" by Mr. Giorgi Bregadze, Head of the Research and Planning Department, Georgian National Tourism Administration
- "Spain and the Silk Road" by Ms. María Ángeles Martínez Mingueza, Head of the International Relations Unit – Spanish Secretariat of State for Tourism
- "Pakistan and the Silk Road" by Mr. Shahid Farooq, Assistant Comptroller, Federal Lodges & Hostels; Islamabad,Pakistan
- "Azerbaijan and the Silk Road" by Ms. Sakina Asgarova, Expert, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- "Silk Road: Russia's Report" by Ms. Marina Mutalieva, Federal Agency for Tourism of the Russian Federation
- "Silk Way in Russia" by Ms. Natalya Shagova, Director, Astrakhan Opera and Ballet Theatre
Silk Road Workshop - 2
- "National Strategy and the Silk Road Project" by Mr. George Kakoutis, Directorate of Strategic Planning, Dept. of International & European Affairs, Ministry of Tourism of Greece and Ms. Eftychia Christina Aivaliotou, Directorate of Strategic Planning Dept. of Tourism Policy Planning, Ministry of Tourism of Greece
- "Valencia and the Silk Road: a tourism opportunity" by Mr. Vicente Haba, Manager, City and Tourism, Turismo Valencia
- "Valencia and the Silk Road" by Ms. María Ruiz Arévalo, Head of Cultural Tourism, Agencia Valenciana del Turisme
- "Contribution of the BSEC Organization to the Silk Road Programme" by Ambassador Bratislav Dordevic, Executive Manager, BSEC PERMIS
- "Uzbekistan as a Silk Road destination" by Mr. Davronbek Tokhtiev, State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan for Tourism Development
- "Silk Road Programme and WFTGA: Training Initiatives and Focus" by Ms. Alushca Ritchie, President, World Federation of Tourist Guides Association (WFTGA)
- "Modern Silk Road Joint Tour Package: an innovative project to empower Silk Road tourism" by Ms. Pelin Musabay Baki, Project Director, Turkic Council
- "Turkey's winter tourism potential: Erciyes Ski Resort" by Mr. Murat Cahid Cingi, Chairman, Kayseri Erciyes Inc.
Videos shown during the meeting
Additional background information
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org