7th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) organized the 7th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism: A 2030 Vision for Urban Tourism, on 16-19 September, in Seoul, Republic of Korea, jointly with the Seoul Metropolitan Government and supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea, the Korea Tourism Organization and the Seoul Tourism Organization.
The Summit provided a unique platform to discuss the key issues shaping the future of urban tourism in the context of the 2030 Urban Agenda. It brought together high-level representatives from National Tourism Administrations, city authorities and related stakeholders, serving as a platform to exchange experiences and expertise and set a shared vision on urban tourism that embraces innovation, digital transformation and sustainability.
Presentation of UNWTO Report on ‘Overtourism? Understanding and managing urban tourism growth beyond perceptions’
Click here for the extracted Executive Summary of this publication.
High Level Panel: Urban Tourism in 2030
- Setting the Scene: Mr. YOON Joon-byeong, Vice Mayor for Administrative Affairs of Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Video Presentation of MR. YOON Joon-byeong
SESSION 1: Looking Towards 2030: An Innovative Approach to Competitiveness in Urban Destinations
- Setting the scene: Mr. Ahmed EIWEIDA, Lead Urban Specialist, Global Coordinator for Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism, The World Bank
- Mr. Jose Andres DUARTE, Director of Bogota Tourism Office, Colombia
- Mr. Manu NARVAEZ, Director of San Sebastian Tourism, Spain
SESSION 2: The 4th Industrial Revolution Shaping the Future of Urban Tourism
- Moderator: Prof. Dimitrios BUHALIS, Head of Department Tourism and Hospitality Bournemouth University, United Kingdom
SESSION 3: Urban Tourism and the Rejuvenation of Cities
- Setting the scene: Mr. KIM Seong Bo, General Director of Urban Regeneration Bureau, Seoul Metropolitan Government, Republic of Korea
SESSION 4: Fair and Inclusive Tourism: Building cities for all
- Setting the scene: Mr. NA Hyowoo, Chair of Seoul International Fair & Sustainable Tourism Forum Organizing Committee & CEO of Good Travel
- Technical Conclusions by Ms. Sandra CARVAO, Chief, Tourism Market Intelligence and Competitiveness, UNWTO
- Presentation of Astana as the host city for the 8th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism 2019 by Mr. Yermek Amanshayev, Deputy Mayor of Astana, Kazakhstan
To view all the photos of the Summit, please click on the image below