4th Global Summit on City Tourism
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), at the kind invitation of the Regional Council of Tourism of Marrakech, an Affiliate Member of UNWTO, and with the support of the Ministry of Tourism of the Kingdom of Morocco, was organizing the 4th Global Summit on City Tourism: “Re-Inventing City Tourism” on 14 -15 December, 2015 in Marrakesh.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT:
- To Provide a comprehensive framework of the extrinsic and intrinsic changes in city tourism as regards planning, governance and operational processes.
- To highlight the mutual impact of tourism and urban development at different scales of cities around the world
- To explore the ways of maximizing the quality visitor experience while safeguarding and enhancing the quality of life for the local community by providing economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits.
- City Tourism patterns; positioning city tourism in the global marketplace: Quantitative and qualitative approach.
- Sustainable development and effective management of competitive city destinations as complex and diverse systems of interrelated economic, social and environmental phenomena and networks: “overall quality visitor experience”.
- Spatial organization and rejuvenation of “tourist cities”: “accessible tourism for all” and “cultural heritage management”.
- Connectivity and City Tourism competitiveness.
- The impact of the meetings industry and mega events.
- National Tourism Administrations/Organizations
- UNWTO Affiliate Members
- Local authorities, municipalities and international and/ or regional associations/networks of local authorities
- City DMOs,
- Convention Bureaus
- Travel trade representatives
- Public authorities in charge of transport
- Cultural institutions
- Academic institutions, scientists and experts related to city tourism research
- Urban planners, architects
- ICT providers
- Concept Note ENG
- Preliminary Programme
- Information Note
- 1_0 Ignasi de Delàs ECM
- 1_1 Kumud Sengupta MARKET VISION DUBAI
- 1_2 Dr Sam Kim HONG KONG
- 1_3 Chen Bo WTCF
- 2_0 Jared Harckham ICF
- 3_0 Donald E.Hawkins GW UNIVERSITY
- 3_1 Ivor Ambrose ENAT
- 3_3 Alberto Bernabe TENERIFE
- 3_3 Michel Trudel KEROUL
- 4_2 Ms. Rodriguez_Dr. Goytia BILBAO
- 4_3 Laurie Scott BELFAST
- 4_4 Roger Carter TEAM
- 5_0 Bruce Redor GAINING EDGE
- 5_1 Dr. Ong Hong Peng MALAYSIA
- 5_2 Özgül Özkan Yavuz ISTANBUL
- 5_3 Marie-Laure Marquet MONACO
- 6_0 Conclusions Marrakesh