60th World Statistics Congress – ISI2015
The 60th ISI World Statistics Congress (WSC) took place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, during 26–31 July 2015.
The WSC is the flagship conference of the International Statistical Institute (ISI) and its seven associations. It is a biennial conference with a rich tradition, and IBGE is pleased to host and organize ISI2015 in Brazil.
The congresstogether members of the statistical community to present, discuss, promote and disseminate research and best practice in every field of Statistics and its applications.
The statistics programme of UNWTO was happy to announce that the 60th ISI World Statistics Congress approved our special tourism statistics session called “Travelling towards a better measurement of tourism”. The UNWTO session was held on the 29th of July from 16hs to 17:40hs. The session addressed some of the underdeveloped dimensions of tourism statistics.
- Linking economic and environmental accounts to measure the impact of tourism
- Measuring employment in the Tourism Industries in Brazil: from national to regional and local level
- Conceptional advances in measuring tourism at sub-national level
- Mr. Brunno Kalyxton Sousa Ramos, The Federal District Planning Company
- Mrs. Aurkene Alzua-Sorzabal, General Director, CICtourGune
- Mr. Oliver Herrmann, UNWTO Director of Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account Programme
- Chair: Mr. Ronald Jansen, Chief, Trade Statistics Branch, United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
For more information please visit the Congress Website