9th World Congress on Snow and Mountain Tourism
The World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) and the Government of Andorra, in collaboration with the parish of Sant Julià de Lòria, organized the 9th World Congress on Snow and Mountain Tourism (2-4 March 2016).
Since the first edition, the main objective of the Congress has been to provide a clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities of the snow and mountain destinations and to acquire an overview of successful business models, innovation, the impact of climate change and tourism marketing.
For three days, leading international experts discusses topics linking mountain tourism to the oportunities that offer sport and adventure tourism in its different manifestations in order to diversify the range of tourist products and services and to ensure the positioning of mountain areas as all-year round destinations.
Programme and presentations
Please find the programme of the 2016 edition here. All presnetations are available for download at the bottom of this page.
Speakers and recordings
Please find the speakers' biographies and the recordings of the session here.
Contact: Mr. Sascha Stange (email@example.com)
We are looking forward to the 10th edition of the World Congress on Snow and Mountain Tourism hosted by Escaldes Engordany
More information : snowmountain.unwto.org
- Information Note
- 0_1 Francesc Camp, Minister of Tourism & Trade of Andorra
- 0_2 George Chogovadze, Georgian National Tourism Administration
- 0_3 Richard Kämpf, Director for Tourism Policy, Switzerland
- 0_4 Ana Gozalo, Turespaña
- 1_0 Enric Lopez, CETT
- 1_1 Mathias Schattleitner, Schladming-Dachstein
- 1_2 Jordi Ramor, Wikiloc
- 1_3 Eric Balet, Verbier
- 1_4 Nathalie Saint-Marcel, Cluster Montagne
- 2_1 Alfonso Torreño, Grandvalira Ski Resort
- 2_2 Richard Adam, St. Moritz- Engadin Mountains
- 2_3 Philippe Sudres, A.S.O.
- 2_4 Bruno Lalande, REPUCOM
- 2_5 Martin Gaffuri, SCOTT SPORTS
- 3_0 Esen Terzibasoglu, UNWTO
- 3_1 Eva Stravs-Podlogar, Slovenia
- 3_2 Chris Doyle, ATTA
- 3_3 Christopher Hinteregger, Kohl & Partners
- 3_4 Willy Fux, LHM Conseil
- 4_0 Miguel Pedregal, Caldea Inuu
- 4_1 Veikko Halonen, Vuokatti
- 4_2 Eric Torres, Andorra Turismo
- 4_3 Marcelo Garcia Leyenda, Villa La Angostura
- 4_4 Imma Jimenez - Actua
- 5_0 Douglas Pate, Ambassador for Sports for Andorra
- 5_2 Ferran Latorre - Mountaineer, traveler and discoverer
- 5_4 Jean-Philippe Monfort, Cluster Montagne
- 6_0 Cathy O'Dowd, Rock climber, mountaineer and author
- 6_1 Franziska Thiele, Ostfalia University of Applied Science
- 6_2 Alfredo Ferreyros, Explorandes
- 6_3 Andy Schimeck, Marmot Mountain Europe
- 6_4 Catherine Germier Hamel, Millenium Destinations
- 7_0 Mia Rowan, Mountain Partnership Secretariat, FAO
- 8_0 Conclusions