World Trade Organization (WTO) Public Forum 2018: Trade 2030
The WTO's 2018 Public Forum: "Trade 2030" (2 - 4 October, 2018) will consider what sustainable trade will look like in 2030 and beyond. Under the main theme of "Trade 2030", the Public Forum's sub-themes will be sustainable trade, technology-enabled trade, and a more inclusive trading system.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) will be participating in Session 51: Innovation and digital transformation for sustainable and inclusive tourism on the 3rd of October 2018.
The objective of this session is to highlight and build upon the many linkages between innovation, technology and sustainable tourism, in order to contribute to socio economic development.
The session will discuss inter-alia, the role of technology in promoting decent work and local economic development, reducing carbon emissions, dealing with over-tourism, enhancing youth and women's participation and delivering vocational eductaion and training.
- Jaime Alberto Cabal Sanclemente, Deputy Secretary-General, UNWTO
- Torbjörn Fredriksson, Chief, ICT Policy Section, United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Arancha González, Executive Director, International Trade Centre (ITC)
- Gloria Guevara Manzo, President & CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Franck Mwe di Malila, Ministre du Tourisme, Kinshasa/RD Congo