Tourism and Climate Change Side Event within the UN Climate Change Conference - COP18
Within the framework of the Conference of the Parties (COP18) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), UNWTO and other United Nations agencies held a side event under the theme “The tourism sector response to climate change: mitigation and adaptation initiatives and strategies”.
Speakers addressed tourism response to climate change and mitigation measures adopted within the transport and accommodation sectors.
The event was held on 29 November 2012, from 18:30 to 20:00 as one of the UN side events organized within the UN System.
To open the side events flyer, please click on the image below.
Speakers presentations can be found below:
- Tourism Response to Climate Change Challenges - Mr. Luigi Cabrini; Director Sustainable Development of Tourism; UNWTO
- Experiences from Promoting Climate Friendly Tourism in World Heritage Sites, Biosphere Reserves and Geoparks. - Mr. Peter Dogsé; Manager Intersectoral Platform on Climate Change; UNESCO
- Global Action on International Aviation and Climate Change - Ms. Jane Hupe; Chief of Environment Branch; ICAO
- International Shipping's Role as Part of the Tourism Sector's Response to Climate Change - Dr. Edmund Hughes; Technical Officer; IMO
- The Climate Change Risk Atlas and Tourism: A Sectoral Approach to Vulnerability and Resilience.- Dr. Murray C. Simpson; Oxford University Centre for the Environment