Technical Workshop: “UNWTO – WTCF City Tourism Performance Research”
At the kind invitation of the Entity of Tourism of Buenos Aires (Argentina), the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) organized a Technical Workshop within the context of the Joint UNWTO – WTCF City Tourism Performance Research, 26 September 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Considering “Urban Tourism” as an economic activity with a high potential to stimulate local economic growth because of its complementarity with other economic activities, its contribution to GDP, job creation, foreign exchange and services exports, it is essential to monitor the tourism performance in urban destinations and to identify the areas related to “Destination Management”.
The UNWTO Secretariat in collaboration with WTCF (World Tourism City Federation) launched an initiative to showcase the good practices on “tourism performance” in several urban destinations. The workshop discussed the results of the research conducted and provided recommendations to the cities on the selected key performance areas.
Content and Presentation of the Workshop:
Please find the programme and all presentations for your information below.
For further information please contact: Mr. Glenn Cauwenberghs, firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the information on the UNWTO – WTCF City Tourism Performance Research click here: /global/publication/unwtowtcf-city-tourism-performance-research
Página en Español
- Programme Workshop
- Information Note
- 1_0_Song Rui_Introduction of the Project
- 2_0_Esencan Terzibasoglu_Introduction to the Methodology
- 1_1_Mariana Mangiarotti_Representative of Buenos Aires
- 1_2_Juan Carlos_Case Study of Buenos Aires
- 1_3_Jose Andres Duarte Garcia_Representative of Bogotá
- 1_4_Salvador Anton_Case Study of Bogotá
- 2_1_Matías Belacin_Touristic Intelligence in Urban Areas
- 2_2_3_Laura Carlucci & Mariano Orlando_Mi Barrio & The Matadero Project
- 2_4_Marcos Boffa_Carnaval of Belo Horizonte
- 3_0_Esencan Terzibasoglu_Major Challenges
- 3_1_Laura Chavarro_ Market Trends of the Chinese Outbound Tourist
- 3_2_Juan Carlos_Recommendations for the Cities
- 3_3_Salvador Anton_Recommendations for the Cities
- Conclusions_Song Rui