Technical Workshop: “UNWTO – WTCF City Tourism Performance Research”
At the kind invitation of the Tianjin Tourism Administration (China), the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) was supporting a Technical Workshop within the context of the Joint UNWTO – WTCF City Tourism Performance Research, 2 September 2017 in Tianjin, China.
Considering “Urban Tourism” as an economic activity with a high potential to stimulate local economic growth because of its complementarity with other economic activities, its contribution to GDP, job creation, foreign exchange and services exports, it is essential to monitor the tourism performance in urban destinations and to identify the areas related to “Destination Management”.
The UNWTO Secretariat in collaboration with WTCF (World Tourism City Federation) launched an initiative to showcase the good practices on “tourism performance” in several urban destinations. The workshop will discuss the results of the research conducted and will aim to provide recommendations to the cities on the selected key performance areas.
Content and presentation
Please find the programme and all presentations for your information below.
Would you like to receive more information on UNWTO's activitiies related to urban tourism? For further information please contact: Mr. Sascha Stange, [email protected]
To learn more about the information on the UNWTO – WTCF City Tourism Performance Research click here: /global/publication/unwtowtcf-city-tourism-performance-research
- Workshop Programme
- Information Note
- 1_0 Ye Chen_Internet+City Tourism Big Data Report
- 1_1 Roger Carter_Case Study of Tianjin
- 1_2 Xiang Feng_Case Study of Hangzhou
- 1_3 Song Rui_Case Study of Beijing
- 1_4 Temesgen Assefa_Case Study of Tokyo
- 1_5 Yusuke Ishiguro_
- 1_5 Yusuke Ishiguro_Case Study of Sapporo
- 1_6 Heayjin Lee_ Case Study of Seoul
- 2_1 Sarah Ma_Macao's data collecting method and research approach
- 2_2 Eun-Ji Lee_Urban Tourism in Ulsan