EHL/UNWTO Think Tank - Media Invitation
A STRATEGY CHALLENGE FOR SILK ROAD TOURISM
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne are pleased to invite you to a Think Tank dedicated to sustainable tourism along the Silk Road. Discussion topics will embrace:
- How to promote the internationally renowned Silk Road as a travel experience?
- How can 10 specific Silk Road countries best promote and develop their human capital and infrastructure?
- How to determine strategies and actions according to different nations to build intercultural cooperation?
For the first time UNWTO and EHL are cooperating to the benefit of the Silk Road countries: Over 170 final year students of Europe’s top hospitality management school are devising tourism strategies for ten countries across the Silk Road focusing on the areas of marketing/promotion and capacity building/destination management.
Register now and take part in this international event in the presence of top tourism officials from along the Silk Road.
Monday 4th June 2012
at the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
|Welcome by Taleb Rifai, Secretary General of UNWTO (recorded message)|
Press conference with:
- Alla PERESSOLOVA, Head of the UNWTO Silk Road Programme
- Michel ROCHAT, Director of EHL
- Demian HODARI PHD, Professor of Strategic Management
Participation in student presentations: Five of the 10 teams will present their strategies and respond to questions from a panel of judges consisting of country representatives, UNWTO and industry executives.
Interviews and feedback during a coffee break
Strategy Challenge Think Tank
Key issues pertaining to the Silk Road in the future
⇒ You can take part and contribute to this key event
Issues of workshops and panel discussions will be addressed
Click here for a printer friendly version of the programme.