3rd Global Summit on City Tourism
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUMMIT:
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the extrinsic and intrinsic changes in city tourism: “smart, sustainable and inclusive cities”.
- To explore an interdisciplinary platform for decision-oriented research and practices: urban planning, economic, environmental and social sustainability indicators, market research and innovation.
- To set a globally shared vision on adapting to new paradigms in city tourism in planning, governance and operational processes.
- City Tourism patterns; positioning city tourism in the global marketplace: Quantitative and qualitative approach.
- Sustainable development and effective management of competitive city destinations as complex and diverse systems of interrelated economic, social and environmental phenomena and networks.
- Spatial organization and rejuvenation of “tourist cities”: Quality for the local community, quality for the visitor. How do we make it coherent / urban planning vs. tourism product?
- Showcases for smart city applications: Cities where tradition and Innovation meet. A competitive advantage?
- Economic measurement of city tourism: Indicators and recommended initiatives.
- National Tourism Administrations/Organizations
- UNWTO Affiliate Members
- Local authorities, municipalities and international and/ or regional associations/networks of local authorities
- City DMOs,
- Convention Bureaus
- Travel trade representatives
- Public authorities in charge of transport
- Cultural institutions
- Academic institutions, scientists and experts related to city tourism research
- Urban planners, architects
- ICT providers
PRESENTATIONS AND KEYNOTES:
Session 1 Keynoye Karl Woeber: download
Session 2 Keynote Johannes Novy: download
Session 3 Keynote Xavier Font: download
Session 3 Presentation Dimitrios Buhalis eHospitality: download
Session 4 Keynote Yolanda Perdomo: download
Session 4 Presentation CICtourGUNE Aurkene Alzua: download
Technical Conclusions Esencan Terzibasoglu: download
In collaboration with: