International Conference on Integrated Quality Management in Tourism Destinations
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), at the kind invitation of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Tourism of Romania is organizing the "International Conference on Integrated Quality Management in Tourism Destinations: A Key to Competitiveness” on 23 -24 June, 2016 in Bucharest.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE:
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the integrated quality management in tourism destinations ,
- To explore an interdisciplinary platform on how to launch and implement “destination quality systems” with the involvement of all the stakeholders,
- To exchange experience and expertise among different types of destinations on how to build the culture of quality, define quality indicators, launch customer surveys and develop the necessary tools for monitoring.
- A conceptual framework for quality management in tourism destinations, the difference between “destination quality” and the “product/service quality”.
- Success stories of quality management in: Spa/wellness destinations, industrial heritage destinations, cultural heritage destinations, mountain tourism, protected areas, quality in the meetings industry, etc.
- National Tourism Administrations/Organizations,
- UNWTO Affiliate Members,
- Local authorities, municipalities and international and/ or regional associations/networks of local authorities,
- Convention Bureaus,
- Travel trade representatives,
- Public authorities/institutions in charge of quality.
- Academic institutions, scientists and experts related to destination management and/or quality,
- Regions representatives.