IV Tourism Investment and Business Forum for Africa (INVESTOUR) - Edition 2013
INVESTOUR is an annual tourism business and knowledge exchange platform in which representatives of African tourism and potential Spanish investors/partners meet to discuss about business and cooperation opportunities.
The Forum is a joint initiative of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the International Tourism Fair of Madrid (FITUR) and Casa África (representing the Spanish Government) that arises from the growing importance of Tourism in Africa as a catalyst of socio-economic development and recognition of its potential as a destination for tourism investment and cooperation with Spain in the following areas:
- Tourism project financing and investments
- The promotion and representation of destinations in the Spanish outbound market
- The creation and improvement of hotel establishments
- Ecotourism operations in national parks and protected areas
- The promotion of wildlife-based tourism; safaris, etc.
- The promotion of cultural tourism
- The transfer of technology and know-how in the hotel business and tourism sector
- Infrastructure and transport
The overall objective of the Forum is to promote sustainable tourism development in Africa by opening up its destinations to the Spanish outbound and investment market, in the occasion of FITUR, fostering the growth of Africa's entrepreneurial fabric and job creation.
The 4rd edition of the Forum is divided in two sessions, a first session focused on presentations and debates, and a second session dedicated to "Business to Business" (B2B) meetings between African project Managers and Spanish companies.
For registration online, please visit http://investour2013.monooti.net