Tourism is more than vacations. Tourism means jobs, growth, thriving communities and sustainable development.
It is the world’s most powerful tool for connecting people, promoting respect, embracing diversity and protecting our heritage.
BECOME a UNWTO Storyteller!
We want to look beyond tourism as a leisure activity and show how tourism is a force for good, driving development and change at every level.
You can help us to enrich the tourism narrative and connect to new audiences.
Share your personal experiences and journeys to showcase the transformative power of tourism.
Are you ready to become a UNWTO storyteller?
Submit a high-resolution video* showing why tourism matters! You may want to show:
How tourism has provided opportunity, either for you or for others
How tourism has transformed communities for the better
How tourism has inspired you to take positive actions
How tourism helps keep culture alive or protects our natural heritage
*Videos should not be longer than 3 minutes and at least 1080p.
Selected UNWTO Storytellers contributions will be launched on World Tourism Day 2021 (27 September) and will be featured on UNWTO digital channels and at UNWTO events.
Steps to become a UNWTO storyteller
- Record a video showing and telling why tourism matters
- Start the video saying: “Tourism means…”/ “Tourism is…” / “Thanks to Tourism, …”
- Then explain why you believe your title of the video
- Write your voice! Send us the transcript of your story.
- Share your favourite portrait-pic.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject: #UNWTOStoryteller + your name and country
- Contact person