UNWTO Affiliate Members Corner: Unleashing the Power of the Private Sector
Venue: Room “Sustainability”, FITUR TECHY, Pavilion 10 (stand nº 10B05), IFEMA
The private sector is central to driving economic growth, in developed and developing countries alike. It creates jobs, generates tax revenues and provides the engine that drives development. Among the all sectors, tourism has a cross-cutting nature and involves a wide range of sub-sectors which play a significant role to conduct a responsible and sustainable tourism sector. The collaboration and partnership with the private sector and civil societies are very important components of the strategic approach of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
The Affiliate Members Department brings diverse sector players together providing them with immense opportunities for effective networking, enhanced visibility and integration.
With the support of the Chair of the Board of the Affiliate Members, FITUR, in line with the objective of the organization- creating more value for our Member- and the modernization plan, this 3 hours session has been organized. It will provide an ideal forum for the UNWTO Affiliate Members to present their work to the other Members and the participants to FITUR.
The Session aims at brining all the tourism stakeholders to show their work and be part of the transformative power of cross sector partnership to create a more prosperous, inclusive, sustainable and resilient tourism sector.
This event aims to:
- To present the work of the UNWTO Affiliate Members in the area of sustainable tourism through initiatives, projects, publications, cooperation, etc.
- To provide networking opportunities for any potential partnership and collaboration for the presented projects;
- To share and exchange knowledge, views, experiences.
The following guidelines have been established for the success of this segment:
- There will be limited number of slots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, following approval by the Affiliate Members Department.
- Interventions should have a maximum duration of 10 minutes.
- Interventions may not be promotional in nature, but rather refer to a specific project/initiative/activity/event that the Affiliate Member would like to collaborate on with UNWTO.
- Short Power Point presentations, videos, etc. are allowed.
- The deadline to present the request for slot: 10 January 2020.
- Deadline to receive the presentations of the selected/approved presentations: 15 January 2020.
The Affiliate Members interested in having the opportunity to present their projects in FITUR, within this framework offered by the UNWTO Affiliate Members Department, are kindly requested to inform us at: email@example.com