International Tourism and covid-19
A compilation of data on country, regional and global level on the impact of COVID-19 on tourism, alongside an impact assessment on the economic impact of COVID-19 crisis on tourism.
UNWTO and COVID-19
As the world is facing an unprecedented global health, social and economic emergency with the COVID-19 pandemic, travel and tourism is among the most affected sectors with airplanes on the ground, hotels closed and travel restrictions put in place in virtually all countries around the world.
Therefore, the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) has launched a new dashboard on COVID-19 and tourism which shows data on the impact of COVID-19 on the tourism sector across the world, by regions and by destinations.
The dashboard includes data on:
- International tourist arrivals
- International tourism receipts
- Vulnerability of destinations
- Tourism as share of GDP
- Tourism as share in total exports
- International tourism as share of total tourism (including domestic)
- Impact assessment of COVID-crisis on tourism
- Impact assessment of previous crises on tourism
The UNWTO COVID-19 and Tourism dashboard is available for free and is updated monthly.