International Mayors’ Forum on Tourism, Zhengzhou, China
UNWTO took part in the International Mayors’ Forum on Tourism in Zhengzhou, China. Held from 27 to 30 May 2018, the forum attracted mayors from 95 cities across 28 countries, plus numerous official representatives from China.
On the first day during the launch of the Belt and Road Tourist City Mayors’ Summit, a part of the overall forum, Mr. Zhu Shanzhong, Executive Director of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), said that countries with Maritime Silk Road heritage that embrace the Belt and Road initiative could lead in the creation of new and unified tourism products capable of transcending individual destinations, and, furthermore, strengthen Asia through their involvement in infrastructure and resource development plans, investment, trade and increased socio-cultural cooperation. The findings of the preliminary research were outlined to delegates by Mr Robert Travers, UNWTO’s lead research expert.
Mr Travers later also presented findings from UNWTOs study on New Platform Tourism Services in the forum’s Sharing Economy session, and took part in the panel discussion.
Presentations of Mr Robert Travers:
- https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/opening-ceremony-of-international-mayors-forum-on-tourism---zhengzhou-china-2018-imft-2018-held-successfully-300656303.html in English
- https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/UVS5DL0b2gihS9atEOY__g in Chinese
- https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/IyyGZhEnQna2S169dKxTzw in Chinese
- https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Xam2So2Gyw4450_BWS8hlQ in Chinese
- https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/k_HmRbisCDrZB3_iedHjOQ in Chinese
- http://app.cntv.cn/special/cportal/column/index.html?id=aba509243b3d4e66b61dbb0173a513f5&no=2&fromapp=cctvnews&from=timeline&isappinstalled=0 in Chinese