The 14th UNWTO Asia/Pacific Executive Training Programme on Tourism Policy and Strategy
The 14th UNWTO Asia/Pacific Executive Training Programme on Tourism Policy and Strategy organized by UNWTO will be held online for the first time from 15 - 17 December 2020.
Since 2006, the UNWTO has convened the Asia and the Pacific Executive Training Programme on Tourism Policy and Strategy annually. This Executive Training Programme is the only programme of its kind in the region and is renowned for its stimulating content and thought-provoking discussions. The theme and subject of the Programme change each year and has historically had far-reaching impacts both for the host destination and the attendees.
The delegates who attend the Executive Training Programme are high-level officials within their respective governments across Asia and the Pacific region. Through a series of lectures, discussions, debates, and presentations, the Training Programme provides a welcoming forum in which public sector tourism executives gain a better understanding of the latest trends in tourism policy. It also provides a platform for sharing knowledge and experience, to learn of successful practices in policy and strategy formulation and implementation. The Training Programme gives participants the opportunity to improve their strategic tourism skills and, through a newfound network of regional contacts, continue to develop these skills going forward. After thirteen years of strong support from the government of the Republic of Korea (ROK), has become an iconic activity of UNWTO in the region. Also, it will again be fully sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the ROK.
The overall theme for the 14th UNWTO Asia/Pacific Executive online Training Programme is Tourism and Rural Development, which is a pressing topic for destinations across the globe.
The programme is specifically designed to support tourism policymakers and managers. It aims at strengthening effective and responsive policies and strategies that in turn must adapt to changing priorities and concerns at the national and destination levels.
The overall objectives of the training programme are to deepen participants’ understanding of how tourism can benefit rural areas and result growth and development, while at the same time creating fair and decent jobs with the following five Sessions:
- Session 1: Governance and Community Engagement for an Enhanced Rural Development (Day 1);
- Session 2: Product Development and Commercialization of Tourism Experiences in Rural Areas (Day 1);
- Session 3: New Opportunity: Innovation and Digital Transformation (Day 2);
- Session 4: Creating Jobs: Education, Skills Development and SME’s support (Day 2);
- Special Session: Restarting International Tourism: Successful Cases and Practices in the Era of the New Normal (Day 3)
Moreover, the training program strives to enable UNWTO’s Asia and the Pacific Member Countries to share successful tourism good practices on rural development and tourism and the above-mentioned topics. The ultimate aim is to strengthen the capacity of destinations at the regional, sub-regional, national, and destination levels.
Ms. Nury Kim
Regional Department for Asia and the Pacific, UNWTO
- Preliminary Programme
- Technical Note
- Participants Guidelines
- Registration Form
- List of Participants
- Session 1. Governance and Community Engagement for an Enhanced Rural Development by Ms. Sandra Carvao
- Session 2. Product Development and Commercialization of Tourism Experiences in Rural Areas by Mr. Augusto Huescar
- Session 3. New Opportunity Innovation and Digital transformation by Dr. Sangwon Par
- Session 3-1. Tourism Big Data case in the Republic of Korea by Dr. Sangwon Park
- Session 4. Creating Jobs Education, Skills Development and SME Support by Ms. Natalia Bayona
Special Session Presentations
Member States Presentations
- Malaysia *The Best Country Presentation
- Viet Nam