UNWTO Changemakers: Female entrepreneurs driving the SDGS
On the occasion of Women’s History Month, the UNWTO Changemakers: Female entrepreneurs driving the SDGS event provides a platform to showcase UNWTO led innovation initiatives and 5 women-led startup participants. It will provide an insight into their journeys and on the importance of female entrepreneurship in shaping a sustainable and inclusive recovery from COVID-19 while empowering and inspiring women for generations to come.
Female entrepreneurship is on the rise globally and has proven its ability to drive economic growth and poverty reduction. However, with less than ten years left to meet the targets set out by the 2030 Agenda, the full potential of women-led businesses has yet to be unleashed. Join us to hear the stories of 5 women overcoming barriers for driving forward the agenda for women’s economic empowerment and tourism's recovery.
Welcome and introduction: Elcia Grandcourt, Director, Regional Department for Africa, UNWTO
Presentations by the 5 female winners of the UNWTO Sustainable Development Goals Startup Competition:
- SDG 1: No poverty, Global Etnica Guatemala | Ana Sofia Godoy Alonso, Co-founder and COO
- SDG 5: Gender equality, Sisterwave | Jussara Pellicano Botelho, CEO
- SDG 6: Clean water and sanitation, ECOLOO Greentech Malaysia SDN BHD | Zuraina Zaharin, CEO
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth, Clio Muse Tours PC | Daphne Tsevreni, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Co-Founder
- SDG 13: Climate action, Opus 12, Inc. | Kendra Kuhl, Co-Founder & CTO, / Etosha Cav, Co-Founder & CSO
Keynote: Inspiring Women Changemakers in Tourism: UNWTO and female-led startups
Natalia Bayona, Director of Innovation, Education & Investments, UNWTO
Q&A from the audience