Sixty Second meeting of the Regional Commission for Africa
The Secretariat of the World Tourism Organization has the honor to inform its Member States from the UNWTO Commission for Africa that the Sixty Second meeting of the Regional Commission for Africa will be held in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation, on 10th September 2019, from 10:00AM to 14:00PM at the Tauride Palace Saint Petersburg.
Note: In compliance with the United Nations system’s environmental protection policy, the working documents will not be distributed on paper at the venue of the event. Therefore, delegates are kindly requested to bring with them copies of the documents.
- Update on Affiliate Members activities
- Follow up on 22nd UNWTO General Assembly resolutions
- 5.1. Follow-up on the Framework Convention on Tourism Ethics
- 5.2. Ratification of the amendments to the Statutes: Chinese as an official language of UNWTO
- Nominations and elections to statutory organs and their subsidiary bodies:
- 6.1 Nomination of candidates to the various General Assembly offices and its subsidiary bodies:
- 6.1.1 Two Vice-Presidents of the General Assembly
- 6.1.2 Two Members of the Credentials Committee
- 6.1.3. Election of one Chair and of two Vice-Chairs of the Commission
- 6.2 Nomination of candidates to represent the region on the Executive Council and its subsidiary bodies:
- 6.2.1 Six candidates to the Executive Council
- 6.2.2 One candidate to the Programme and Budget Committee (PBC)
- 6.2.3 Two candidates to the Committee on Tourism and Sustainability (CTS)
- 6.2.4 Two candidates to the Committee on Statistics and the Tourism Satellite Account (CSTSA)
- 6.2.5 Two candidates to the Committee on Tourism and Competitiveness (CTC)
- 6.2.6 One candidate to the Committee for the Review of Applications for Affiliate Membership
- World Tourism Day 2021.