Call: Lebanon open call for coordinator
UNWTO Academy is looking for A COORDINATOR for the development and delivery of the “Training on Management of Nature-based Tourism Destinations” upon the request of the Ministry of Tourism of Lebanon which is to be delivered on different dates from October to November 2023.
The project is divided into 2 phases, as follows
- Phase 1: 2 Webinars on
- Global trends on Nature-based tourism
- Empowering women and young: sustainable livelihoods through tourism in rural areas
- Phase 2: 2 Executive Training Courses (Onsite) on
- Product development in nature-based tourism destinations.
- Sustainable tourism destination management: Quality Standards and Control.
Applicants are expected to have the following competences:
- Be able to work and speak fluent English and preferably Arabic;
- have experience on teaching and training;
- have proven experience in Online education;
- have proven experience in using Zoom platform;
- have a good knowledge of UNWTO's work and programmes
- preferably have already been a course coordinator with UNWTO Academy; and
- have a very good internet connection and computer for online work.
Applicants are also expected to have abilities and skills to:
- Set objectives, which are achievable and measurable;
- identify the steps needed to achieve goals;
- prioritise tasks effectively;
- manage time effectively/using action planning skills;
- find where the required information is available;
- find quickly and easily solutions;
- take the initiative;
- write reports and other documents
- complete work to a deadline
- work with a team online and onsite, and independently;
- organise and motivate others;
- help others to define problems;
- be sensitive to other people’s values and feelings;
- persevere when things are not working out;
- take a positive attitude to frustration/failure;
- be flexible - prepared to adapt goals in the light of changing situations;
- accept responsibility for mistakes/wrong decisions;
- make effective use of dress, conduct, speech;
- make a speech in front of an audience (thinking up an interesting way to put across your message, structuring your presentation, using audio-visual aids effectively, successfully building a rapport with your audience);
- accurately hear what is said; and
- able to clarify and summarise what has been communicated.
- have telephone skills (think through in advance what you want to say and keep business calls to the point.)
The course coordinator is expected to provide the following services, with the support and under the supervision of UNWTO Academy:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and support the facilitators’ work before, during and after the development of the training programmes;
- coordinate with the hosting Organisation the development of the content; and
- write a final report with recommendations.
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to write to [email protected] .
Please, be aware that ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND EVALUATED, BUT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.