Brazil Open Call for Coordinator
The UNWTO Academy is looking for a COORDINATOR for a UNWTO Academy Course on Tourism Leadership in Brazil, which will have a BLENDED FORMAT and will be delivered in Portuguese. The ONLINE part is to be held during the month of April (10 hours in total, dates to be confirmed) and the ONSITE part is to be held from 8th to 12th May 2023.
Applicants are expected to have the following competencies:
- Be able to work and speak fluently in Portuguese - English, and Spanish are also required for all internal communication with the UNWTO Academy team.
- Have experience in teaching and training.
- Have proven experience in Online education.
- Have proven experience in using the Zoom platform.
- Have a good knowledge of UNWTO's work and programmes.
- Preferably have already been a Course Coordinator with the UNWTO Academy and
- Have a very good internet connection and computer for online work.
Applicants are also expected to have abilities and skills to:
- Set objectives, which are achievable and measurable.
- Identify the steps needed to achieve goals.
- Prioritize tasks effectively.
- Manage time effectively/using action planning skills.
- Find where the required information is available.
- Find quick and easy solutions.
- Take the initiative.
- Write reports and other documents.
- Complete work to a deadline.
- Work with a team online and onsite, and independently.
- Organize and motivate others.
- Help others to define problems.
- Be sensitive to other people’s values and feelings.
- Persevere when things are not working out.
- Take a positive attitude to frustration/failure.
- Be flexible - prepared to adapt to goals in the light of changing situations.
- Accept responsibility for mistakes/wrong decisions.
- Make effective use of dress, conduct, and speech.
- Make a speech in front of an audience (thinking up an interesting way to communicate your message, structuring your presentation, using audio-visual aids effectively, and successfully building a rapport with your audience).
- Accurately hear what is said.
- Be able to clarify and summarize what has been communicated and
- have telephone skills (think through in advance what you want to say and keep business calls to the point.)
The Course Coordinator is expected to provide the following services, with the support and under the supervision of UNWTO Academy:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and support the facilitators’ work before, during, and after the development of the training programmes.
- Coordinate with the hosting Organization the development of the content; and
- write a final report with recommendations.
If you wish to apply, please fill out the following online application form before February 10th, 2023. All candidates will be considered and evaluated, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have any problems with your application form, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]