Regional Department for Asia and the Pacific (RDAP)
The Regional Department for Asia and the Pacific (RDAP) is UNWTO’s political arm serving as a bridge between the Secretariat and its members in the Asia and the Pacific region. RDAP is thus UNWTO’s representation in the Commission for East Asia and the Pacific (CAP) and the Commission for South Asia (CSA).
The Regional Department for Asia and the Pacific is responsible for the coordination, follow-up and implementation of all activities undertaken for the benefit of UNWTO’s Member States in the Asia and the Pacific region. We accomplish these tasks by providing our members with the latest and timely tourism trends and outlook, offering assistance they require for the implementation of UNWTO’s General Programme of Work through project management, document analysis and evaluation, technical events and market studies as well as publications.
Our mission is carried out in close cooperation with Member States, strategic partners, tourism professionals, industry leaders and experts in the region.
We also establish and maintain relations with non-Member States in order to integrate them into the Organization.
- To maintain, in coordination with other technical departments, a supporting system for all activities undertaken and relations established in the region
- To get support from the Management on all relevant regional issues (priorities, requests from Members, etc.), and other departments on activities of their respective competencies
- To contribute actively to the dissemination and promotion of UNWTO’s products and services
- To answer and coordinate appropriate support to Members of the region in need of the support of UNWTO technical departments and partners
- To facilitate and advocate regional and national tourism policies and strategies with a focus on policy measures, market studies and capacity building programmes
Publications / reports / projects conducted by RDAP
UNWTO/Chimelong Initiative are to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda
Kerala, situated in the southern part of Peninsular India, is widely known for its salubrious climate, backwaters, Ayurveda, splendid beaches as well as its rich history and heritage.