UNWTO.TedQual Worldwide Event 2013
Around the subject of “Connecting the Needs of Employers, Professionals and Higher Tourism Education Institutions to Build a More Sustainable Tourism Sector”, representatives from UNWTO.TedQual Institutions from 19 different countries met at UNWTO Headquarters from 11 to 13 September 2013.
During the meeting, UNWTO.TedQual representatives shared experiences and information on their Higher Tourism Education Programmes, and were updated on the situation of the tourism sector in the different UNWTO Regions by the UNWTO Regional Directors.
A specific session was also dedicated to reviewing UNWTO.TedQuals’ present projects;
- To facilitate the development of Human Capital Tables for the Tourism Sector in the Americas Region – at both national and regional levels;
- To support the improvement of competitiveness of Higher Tourism Education in Mozambique (on-going) and Angola, Algeria, and Uganda (for 2014);
- To ecourage and support the internationalization of minds of future professionals -a full report was given to participants on the outcomes of the 1st. Meeting of the UNWTO.TedQual Students' Advisory Board- held at the Bournemouth University from 4 to 6 September 2013.
The meeting finalized with the agreement on the following steps to be taken by the UNWTO.TedQual Institutions/Programmes:
- To support tourism professionals working in destinations hosting World Heritage Sites,
- To develop a Study Course in Ethics in Tourism – later to open for use as reference by all UNWTO.TedQual Institutions worldwide.
For further information on the UNWTO.TedQual Programme, please visit: www.unwto-themis.org