Silk Road Seminar at the World Travel Market 2017
Selling the Silk Road: unite and conquer
Monday, 6 November 2017
South Gallery Room 7 & 8
Once acclaimed as the "greatest route in the history of mankind", modern-day travellers experience the Silk Road as a myriad of interconnected routes, incredibly rich in natural and cultural, but spread across various countries throughout Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Hence, is it feasible to promote the Silk Road as an overarching tourism route? Is dividing the Silk Road into thematic tourism themes or cluster regions the road to success? What role can marketing and social media play in promoting the Silk Road? These and many more questions were assessed by a panel of tourism experts active across the region.
The UNWTO Silk Road Programme would like to thank Ms. Lyn Hughes, Mr. Jonny Bealby, Mr. Andreas Janz and Mr. Steven Hermans for their excellent contributions. Special gratitude is also due to all attendants for their support, we sincerely hope you enjoyed the seminar.
- Ms. Alla Peressolova, Head of the UNWTO Silk Road Programme: "Progress on the Silk Road and Opportunitiies for the Future"
- Ms. Lyn Hughes: Publisher, Wanderlust Travel Media: "The Silk Road: from wishlist to ticked list"
- Mr. Andreas Janz, Managing Director, China Tours: "New Silk Road: the ride of your life"
- Mr. Jonny Bealby, Founder / Managing Director, Wild Frontiers: "Creating the Great Silk Road Adventure"
- Mr. Steven Hermans, Editor, Caravanistan: "Selling the Silk Road"
The Silk Road seminar was jointly organized by UNWTO and Travel Perspective, and supported by WTM London.
Follow us on social media: