World Tourism Conference 2016 "Tourism Delights: Delivering the Unexpected"
The 4th Edition of the World Tourism Conference (WTC) will be organised by Malaysia in collaboration with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) from 17 to 19 October 2016.
With the theme “Tourism Delights: Delivering the Unexpected”, this conference will focus on ideas and strategies which are geared towards delighting the tourists. It is the first conference of its kind which is dedicated to the “Tourists First” mantra.
The theme and topics are specially designed to provide insights that are practical and more importantly to capture the hearts and minds of tourists.
Welcome to Georgetown, Penang, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The official website is now available and interested participants are advised to register online via the following official website (http://www.wtc2016malaysia.com.). Those who prefer to register manually can complete and send the registration form to [email protected] or fax +603 88917365.
Follow us on:
Ms. Christine Brew
Senior Programme Assistant, UNWTO Regional Programme for Asia and the Pacific
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +34 915678192
Fax: +34 915713733
Host Country Coordinator
Mr. Khairolnizam Saad
Senior Principal Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +603 88917402
Fax: +603 88917365
Session 1 - Tourism a Sunrise Industry? Now and Beyond
1. Tourism Future Trends Beyond 2030 – Mr. John Kester, Director of Tourism Market Trends Programme
2. Tourism Future Trends Beyond 2030: Megatrend-lens: Targeting and Matching Tourism Demand – H.E. Tan Sri Dr. Ong Hong Peng, Secretary-General of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia
3. Tourism Future Trends Beyond 2030 – Mr. Gerald Lawless, Chairman of the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
Session 2 - Tourism Experiences: Breaking New Grounds
1. Tourism and Beyond: An Evolving Value Proposition for the Meetings Industry -Ms. Nina Freysen-Pretorius, President of International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA)
2. Luxury Hospitality from YTL;s Experience - H.E. Tan Sri Dr. Francis Yeoh, Chief Executive Officer of YTL Corporation
3. AirAsia Experiences: Customers First – Ms. Aireen Omar, Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of AirAsia Berhad
Session 3 - Tourism: Prospering Communities, Endless Opportunities
1. Optimising Economic Transformation in the Tourism Industry – H.E. Dato’ Sri Idris Jala, Chief Executive Officer of Performance Management And Delivery Unit (PEMANDU)
2. Sustainable Tourism & Conservation Initiatives Lower Kinabatangan Sabah Malaysia - Prof. Dr. Amran Hamzah, Professor of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
3. Youth Tourism and Volunteer Tourism: New Source of Growth - Mr. David Chapman, Director General of World Youth Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation
4. Rural Tourism: Delighting Tourist, Prospering Communities- Mr. Peter Semone, Chairman of the PATA Foundation
Session 4 - Tourists First: Maximizing the Power of Marketing
1. Destination Branding: Learning from the Hallyu Effect - Mr. Jonathan Hyong – Joon Kim, Chief Creative Officer, Signal Pictures
2. Innovative Marketing: Big Data Approach – Mr. Jackson Pek, Vice President and General Counsel of Asia Pacific, Amadeus Asia Limited
3. TripAdvisor: Discovering Tourism Delights – Ms. Helena Egan, Global Director, Industry Relations, TripAdvisor
4. The 4th Industrial Revolution – Opportunities and Challenges – Daqing Lee, Microsoft Malaysia
- General Information Note
- Full Programme
- Technical Note
- Manual Registration Form
- Media Release - Prominent Speakers at World Tourism Conference 2016
- Conference Programme