AM NEWS | VOL. 54 June2023
Dear Affiliate Members,
I am pleased to introduce you to a new edition of the Affiliate Members Newsletter. This monthly publication will inform you about the latest news, events, and initiatives related to your membership and our Affiliate Members network. Also included is the updated calendar of events for 2023, featuring the main UNWTO events and those carried out by our Affiliate Members, with the participation of the Affiliate Members Department or the UNWTO.
Regarding the upcoming UNWTO statutory/high-level meetings, please be aware that the meetings of the UNWTO Regional Commission are scheduled between June and July:
- 68th Meeting of the UNWTO Commission for Europe and “Education and Skills in Medical and Wellbeing Tourism” Conference
- 49th Regional Commission for the Middle East and "Medical and Wellness Tourism" Conference
- The 35th Joint Meeting of the UNWTO Commission for East Asia and the Pacific & the UNWTO Commission for South Asia, the 55th UNWTO Commission for East Asia & the Pacific, the 59th UNWTO Commission for South Asia and the Conference on the International Code for the Protection of Tourists. In this framework, we will hold the UNWTO Affiliate Members Roundtable: Public-Private Cooperation at the Core of Tourism Sustainable Development, on June 15.
- 68th Regional Commission for Americas and Seminar on "Sustainable Investments: a Strategy Towards Competitiveness"
- 66th Regional Commission for Africa: Rethinking Tourism For Africa: Promoting Investment And Partnerships; Addressing Global Challenges
Check out the AMConnected Platform to know more about the abovementioned events.
I would also like to invite you to save the date for the 25th UNWTO General Assembly, 16-20 October, in Samarkand, Uzbekistan, and the 44th Plenary Session of the Affiliate Members, which will take place in the same context on 16 October. The latter is the most important statutory meeting for the UNWTO Affiliate Membership and will bring together once again Affiliate Members from all around the world to meet, discuss, share, and interact around a variety of topics and set the roadmap for the Affiliate Membership's priorities for the next years.
The Affiliate Members Department will continue to collaborate and support the Affiliate Members' initiatives to the best of its capabilities. As usual, I am at your disposal and look forward to hearing any comments you might have.