African countries have demonstrated a commendable determination in making tourism a strong ally of sustainable growth for millions in the region. Now is the time for them to speak up and share the stories that showcase the best of Africa as a world-class tourist destination.
UNWTO is launching a social media campaign with a strong human angle to boost Africa’s potential as a vibrant and diverse tourist destination. We aim to showcase the power of tourism through their protagonists and help bringing sustainable growth and opportunities for millions in the region.
We need your collaboration in reaching out to the most inspiring people from the tourism sector in Africa. We want to gather their stories, learn from their experiences and offer UNWTO to echo their stories with the world.
Participants should answer the 3 following questions:
- Why did you choose to work in tourism or in field related to tourism?
- How has tourism helped you grow?
- In 3 words, describe Africa as a diverse tourist destination.
- Record a video answering those questions.
- Write your voice! Send us the transcript of your story.
- Look into your camera, click and share with us your favourite portrait-pic.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December, with the subject #MyAfrica, stating your name and country of residence.
Tips for recording
Embrace trial & error and film your message more than once!
- Make sure the settings of the camera are set at the highest quality possible and that you’re recording in a horizontal frame.
- Also, avoid any background noise and try not to get too close to the mic.
- Wait 2 seconds before and after you stop/start speaking to stop/start speaking.
- “Video messages remain the intellectual property of their authors. By submitting them to UNWTO, authors hereby grant UNWTO an irrevocable, royalty-free and perpetual license right to use without restriction and reproduce all submitted materials, including without limitation the copying, transmission, distribution and publication on UNWTO’s website and associated social-media platforms.
- Except where expressly stated, the videos posted on UNWTO’s website and associated social-media platforms represent the views of their respective authors and not necessarily those of UNWTO.
- Under no circumstances shall UNWTO be liable for the content of such video messages. The participant warrants that he/she is the author of video message submitted to UNWTO and shall defend and hold UNWTO harmless from any action, claim, loss, damage, liability and/or expense arising from or connected to the infringement of intellectual property rights and personal data with respect to the material submitted.”