Stevanus, Aie Natasha, Irfan, Muhammad & Alberki - the 5 students from Team Pandawa Indonesia from the Sekolah Tinggi Pariwisata Bandung Institution - scored highest points for the solution they presented to Challenge nº 1 of the UNWTO Students' League.
The Challenge, based on SDGs 8 and 11, seeked to highlight how wine tourism, if efficiently developed, represents an excellent opportunity for destinations to diversify and enhance consumer´s value as well ashow it can also be a valuable tool for rural development due to its contribution to economic diversification and if local communities are engaged in, they can benefit from the entire tourism value chain.
In their solution, the Teams had to present a work plan for 5 small wineries that wished to enter the Tourism sector in an area where Wine tourism was already being highly developed by other large wineries, requested
- Innovative products/experiences that attract more tourists to their wineries and raise their spending
- Innovative products/experiences that engage local communities and promote the local products / services that they offer
- Innovative technological solutions to increase the number of visitors and the spending in the visits to their wineries
- Innovative solutions to access directly tourists
- Models of collaboration among them to make then more competitive