RDAF Webinars and Capacity-Building activities
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, UNWTO, in collaboration with Members States, Affiliate Members, international organizations and other tourism partners, has been consolidating intelligence on the local, national, international measures and policies undertaken for mitigating and combating the effects of the COVID-19 crisis on the tourism sector and accelerating recovery.
Against this backdrop and following the success and general appreciation of the UNWTO virtual training workshops on Crisis Management in the Tourism Sector which were conducted earlier this year, the Regional Department for Africa was pleased to invite its Member States to the second edition of the UNWTO Training Workshop. This time the theme was the Creation of a Crisis Unit in the Tourism Sector. During the training session, CRISOTECH experts focused on preparing both public and private sectors to integrate the elements necessary to set up a crisis unit as part of their activities. Once again, participants were then given the opportunity to take part in a unique crisis simulation exercise.
Apart from offering capacity-building activities to Member States, the UNWTO Regional Department for Africa participated and contributed to numerous online events including the following:
- Webinar on Investment Driving Africa’s Travel & Tourism Value Chain (in collaboration with Invest Africa, African Tourism Investment Summit, wtm), 7 October 2020 Please find the recording of the session here
- Africa Tourism Leadership Forum 2020 (in collaboration with Africa Tourism Partners), 19-21 October 2020
- Panel Discussion on “How stimulating demand for African products in USA, UK, European and African markets”, 19 October 2020
- Africa Travel and Tourism CEOs Forum on “Brand Africa – Joining our voices to build a strong image and market confidence for Africa”, 20 October 2020
- African Airlines Association (AFRAA) 52nd AGA, 10 November 2020
- “Entrepreneurship Week” (in collaboration with AVACOMORNAMI), 16- 21 November 2020
- Discussion panel on "Entrepreneurship as a driver of Tourism", 18 November 2020
- Workshop on the Creation of a Crisis Unit in the Tourism Sector (for French speaking countries - with Crisotech), 19 November 2020
- Workshop on the Creation of a Crisis Unit in the Tourism Sector (for English speaking countries - with Crisotech), 10 December 2020
- Leveraging innovative technologies and digital solutions for the tourism sector in Africa, 7 December 2020