INNOVATION CHALLENGE ON CLIMATE SOLUTIONS FOR TOURISM TRANSPORT - CRITERIA
Eligible climate solutions should target innovation in tourism transportation by land, sea and air and look into the transport to/from and within a destination nationally or internationally.
The main focus of the challenge is to identify and recognize existing policy and business solutions for tourism.
Policy solutions can involve sub-national level initiatives related to governance or policy instruments (regulatory, economic, voluntary). Business solutions can involve business strategies or models, product development or the application of technology.
Both policy and business solutions should have a proven track-record for mitigation.
Eligible solutions are already being applied/tested i) in tourism transport or ii) being applied in other sectors but could be adapted to tourism transport.
A full set of criteria will be developed in collaboration with members of the Selection Committee building on the following:
- Innovative character (creativity and disruption with or without technology).
- Mitigation proven track record (CO2 emissions reduction).
- Scalability potential (to handle increased market demands).
- Replication potential (in other locations or context).
- Acceleration potential (catalytic elements of the solutions).
- Transformational character (regarding value chain implications or in connection with changes in consumer behavior).
If you have any questions, please contact with: firstname.lastname@example.org
To pre-register for the UNWTO Innovation Challenge on Climate Solutions for Tourist Transport click here